High Net Worth - Entrepreneurs Service
Some examples of the type of work undertaken:
- The sale of UK companies or assets combined with the move abroad for tax planning
- Sale or purchase of properties.
- Expensive residential property in France owned directly or through special purpose companies.
- Sale and purchase of French commercial property..
- Moving to Monaco.
- Moving to Switzerland.
We write many articles on tax and property. Some examples are:
We offer a specialist service to high net worth individuals which cuts across various disciplines where necessary.
The service is headed by our two founding partners David Anderson and Christopher Sykes who are assisted by various specialist lawyers. David Anderson is widely recognised as one of the leading lawyers for legal advice on UK and International tax particularly as regards investment matters relating to acquisition of property in, or relocation to, France, Monaco or Switzerland. He is referred to and quoted in an enormous number of articles many of which have appeared in the national media and specialist publications. He is also widely quoted in media and national newspapers and a speaker at major conferences including those organised by the Law Society and Butterworths/Lexis. Christopher Sykes is a specialist in UK and property law and deals with high value and complex transactions often involving an offshore element. He works together with David Anderson on international projects. He is an author of the Law Society's publication 'Leasehold Enfranchisement and the Right to Manage', now in its second edition.
The key features of our service are:
- A primary focus is on tax (UK and International) and property with supporting advice on commercial, employment (including relocation) and litigation law.
- Expertise as a leading UK firm dealing with property and tax in France, Switzerland and Monaco. Our service often involves tax planning in these and other countries. It can be individual tax planning such a move to Monaco or it could e.g. be connected to a substantial transaction such as the sale or access of a property in France or a sale of UK assets with a move abroad.
- Expertise in complex tax planning and also in project managing transactions sometimes involving several jurisdictions.
- If we do not provide a service you need in-house we have a large number of excellent contacts in major countries, including lawyers, accountants, company administrators, agents and private banks.
- A proactive and hands on approach to make sure things happen when they are supposed to happen.
- In the UK, the expertise to deal with high value properties often combined with tax planning and involving offshore/trust structures.
As you would expect, matters are dealt with in confidence and with discretion.