Commercial Property Development
We enjoy working with property developers as part of a team to help to see a development project through from acquisition and planning to construction and unit sales. We look to establish long term relationships with our developer clients who almost invariably return to us for their ongoing and future projects.
Our development work includes:
- site acquisition
- planning issues
- acting on the acquisition and development of consortium development sites
- residential, commercial and mixed developments
- plot sales or lettings either 'off-plan' or on completion of construction.
What we can offer you:
- Expertise - the ability to deal with complex transactions including those which are subject to planning and overage provisions, and with other relevant matters such as collateral warranties and Section 106 Agreements.
- Fees - agreed in advance on a sensible commercial basis.
- Proactive ideas - we can often make suggestions to help maximise value from the development.
- Constructive dealings with other parties - whilst seeking to negotiate the best deal for the client we work on a co-operative basis with the lawyers for other parties, local authorities and other third parties to make sure deals are done quickly and with no fuss or posturing.
- Tax savings schemes - our tax department is often able to suggest ways in which the acquisition and disposal of a development can be structured to reduce potential tax liabilities.
- Speed of plot sales - your focus will be to conclude plot sales or lettings as soon as a buyer/tenant has been found and we will adopt a flexible and proactive approach to try to ensure that deadlines are met.
For further information, please contact a member of the Property Team.