Our property team advises a broad range of clients, including those from the investment sector, developers (of commercial, residential and mixed use buildings), lenders and landlords operating principally in the property sphere to end users such as retail and corporate occupiers from a variety of commercial sectors.
We deal with transactions of varying sizes for clients as diverse as multinational firms, SMEs and sole traders/investors.
The department undertakes a full range of commercial property work including:
- sale and purchase of investment properties
- property development
- lettings and property management
- secured lending auction advice
- all aspects of landlord and tenant advice including renewals
We act for a number of property developers and further details of this work are on the Property Development page.
For more complex transactions we provide advice at the outset on the best way to structure the deal, including in respect of tax aspects. This often includes advice on ownership structures such as shareholder and joint venture agreements, and the use of SIPPs.
Our property department is used to working closely with others, bringing expertise from other departments in the firm where tax, commercial or licensing advice is required and working with mortgagees' representatives and in-house lawyers.
Our property experts also work closely with our Company Commercial department in respect of the property aspects of acquisitions and other commercial matters.
Clients have access at all times to their contact partner as well as to other partners or assistants who may be dealing with particular matters.
For information on Stamp Duty Land Tax you can access the government Stamp Duty Land Tax calculators.
Recent Commercial Property Matters
Here are examples of some of the commercial property work we have recently undertaken:
- Acquisition of retail premises for antique dealer within high profile west end shopping parade.
- Acquisition of new office premises for a new UK subsidiary of a US base shipping firm.
- Disposal of an office suite in a city fringe regeneration area.
- Acquisition of restaurant premises in the prominent south bank land location.
- Acquisition of warehouse unit in an Industrial Estate.
- Letting of office premises within mixed use Dockland Development.
- Acquisition of studio space for the independent artist/producer/record label.
For further information, please contact a member of the Property Team.