Litigation Case Studies
Here are examples of the litigation and dispute resolution work we have recently undertaken:
- Several ongoing applications to have French & Belgian judgments recognised in England (exequatur) on behalf of state agencies
- Recovering historic unpaid service charges on behalf of property management companies
- Advising on boundary disputes
- Representing freeholders and leaseholders in Property Tribunal applications for orders that a breach of covenant or a condition in leases has occurred
- Representing freeholders and leaseholders in Property Tribunal applications for determination of liability to pay and reasonableness of service charges
- Pursuing a £1m plus constructive trust claim (and in the alternative equity of exoneration/equitable accounting) on behalf of a joint legal owner with a substantially greater beneficial interest in the jointly owned property by reason of her substantial contribution to purchase price and mortgage payments
- Representing residuary beneficiary in contested probate proceedings involving allegations of undue influence
- Removing a charging order from the title of property which was wrongly identified to belong to an individual other than the registered owner
- Advised a UK company in negotiations regarding a multi-million dollar contract dispute with a view to continuing the business relationship between the parties.
- Representing client in a dispute with their Landlord who had refused to give a certificate of compliance, successfully negotiating the grant of the certificate allowing client to assign the lease. Continuing advice regarding claim in negligence against former solicitors to recover the increased rent, mortgage payments and costs.
- Represented a Defendant in defeating a claim for breach of warranty of authority in High Court proceedings to determine the status of a party in a related arbitration claim arising from the sale of shares in an insurance company.
- Advising a company client regarding disputed sums due to it and recovering money following the service of a statutory demand.
- Acted for a freehold management company with responsibility for a development of nearly one hundred flats in the successful recovery of outstanding service charges from defaulting leaseholders.