Company Sales and Acquisitions
The key to a successful sale or acquisition of a company or business is team work. We will work together with you and your other professional advisers, such as your accountant, to ensure the deal proceeds smoothly and quickly, that your strategic objectives are met and that your liabilities are minimised.
Why use us?
- Our experience - we have acted in the disposal and acquisition of a large variety of businesses including professional, industrial, chains of shops, agencies, pubs and restaurants, and property companies.
- We are cost effective - our work is structured so that it is tailored to your needs on a cost effective basis. Fee estimates are given and agreed with you in advance.
- We are proactive - we adopt the same proactive and forward thinking approach to your matters we do to our own e.g. we were one of the first law firms in the UK to convert to limited liability partnership status.
- Tax planning - many corporate deals are tax driven and if required our tax department can offer tax planning.
- Clear communication - our communications with you will be regular and written in plain English and where there are complex technical issues arising, these will be explained in a manner which is concise and understandable.
How does the process work?
The disposal and acquisition of businesses can seem to be a daunting prospect. By breaking it down to is constituent parts it is much less so. There is a lot of information to be obtained and supplied before any contract is signed. The purchaser will wish to acquire as much information as possible and the seller will want to make sure that its information is kept confidential. It is important to have a clear strategy to ensure that time is not wasted.
- Key steps involved in a typical transaction
- FAQs relating to company/business acquisition
- Company Acquisition Enquiry Form.
- Company Acquisition Cost Estimate
If you would like further information please contact David Anderson in the first instance.