Historically, solicitors have been reluctant to disclose publicly their hourly charging rates. We feel that this is out of step with the needs of the modern client.
Quality legal services cannot be provided cheaply. But we believe that our rates offer excellent value for money and are extremely competitive for the City.
In all matters the basis of our fees is agreed with the client before we commence work.
We offer a variety of charging options to suit the needs of the particular client. As well as the traditional hourly rate we offer:
- Fixed or graduated fees for e.g. property work and probate
- Conditional fees
Estimates are provided wherever possible.
Our unique Commercial Conveyancing Costs Calculator gives guidance on the level of likely fees for commercial lease acquisition, as well as giving information on associated costs such as Stamp Duty Land Tax.
Please see our residential Conveyancing Costs and the associated online calculators for our charges when purchasing, selling or re-mortgaging property.
We can offer different fee arrangements depending on the nature of the case. These include fixed fees, hourly rate and conditional fees. We will agree the fee basis with you at the outset.
Hourly charging rates
Our hourly charging rates for typical private work for commercial and private clients are:
|Trainee Solicitors or equivalent||
This fee structure must be read in conjunction with the following notes:
- Our fees are exclusive of VAT and any disbursements which may be incurred.
- There may be enhanced charging rates in special circumstances such as work of complexity, of high value, of urgency and for advocacy. In particular for France or other international work our hourly rate starts at £250.
- Our acceptance of any prospective instruction depends on the particular circumstances and is subject to our standard terms and conditions for the particular type of work concerned.
- Conditional fees are only available for certain types of work and are subject to qualifying conditions.